Sunday, September 02, 2007

In Arusha

I'm in Arusha, Tanzania--and wow is it easier to travel in Africa than India! My luggage beat me through the airport and within half an hour I had hired a cab to catch the last shuttle (it had left already) at a gas station, where I was on my merry way to Tanzania.

It's strange being back in Arusha, as I have many memories of this town from the last seven years. The town has grown enormously in the last few years, bringing bad traffic (which would have seemed unbelievable a few years ago) but it is also much cleaner.

We start up the mountain tomorrow morning--the skies were cloudy this moring but now we are back to brilliant blue African skies.

3 comments:

Dick Tucker said...

Hi Tim
Have a great climb, I wish I was there with you. Africa is a wonderful place. Dick

Doug McKeever said...

Tim: Hopefully, a group of my friends and I will make this climb with you a year from now!

Doug

Tim said...

Thanks guys, I miss climbing with you both! Tim