Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ian visits San Francisco, Part I

Ian and I took advantage of a $160 ticket (round trip! including taxes! and fees!) to visit our friends Jon, Heather, and their 9-month-old progeny in the Bay Area. Since Ian will turn 2 soon, this was basically our last opportunity to travel with him as a "lap infant." There was only a little screaming on the flight down before he gave in to exhaustion and slept on my chest for most of the flight.

Of course, one thing I dislike about traveling with kids is all the extra stuff it seems to require, so I stripped things down as much as I could by packing carry-on only. This worked like a charm: the BOB jogger is gate checked as a stroller and everything else fit into my backpack and one shoulder bag for Ian.



Since we were going on the cheap, and also to experience the city sans car seat, here Ian is relishing the BART from SFO to the heart of
downtown, where we then walked a couple blocks to the Larkspur ferry:

Ian likes ferries.

No comments: