Saturday, August 18, 2007

Say hello to my little friend

Hello everyone,

I have been traveling now for about ten days with a little friend, since Agra, India, to be precise. We circled Connaught Place, Delhi, together in a rickshaw; we were stuck in a bus together behind a mudslide between Shimla and Manali; and we went overland by jeep for two days to Leh, where we are hanging out now.

My friend is either an amoeba, a bacteria, or some other parasite living in my intestines. I am trying to kill it. The chemist (that's British for drugstore guy) gave me a new pill today that is supposed to do a better job than the old-school antibiotic I have been taking.

Otherwise things here are very nice. Leh has an agreeable climate since it is at about 11,500 feet and the weather is beautiful. If I feel well tomorrow, I might go to see the Dalai Lama.

Sorry I can't post any pictures, the Internet places here have a moratorium on clogging their bandwith with photo uploads...perhaps late tonight they will allow me the pleasure.

Best, Tim

1 comment:

Mark VanderVen said...

Hope you're practicing what you preach and "packing it out!"

Glad the rest of your travels are going well.