Sunday, February 21, 2010

Writing again

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time.

I've been caught up in graduate school and family but have also become very troubled by the sense of imbalance in my life. I have grown tired of feeling guilty when at school over not spending enough time with my family, and when with my family over not doing enough work. This is of course not to mention my growing middle-aged angst over not spending enough time in the mountains running, climbing, or skiing.

I realized today that I am spending very little time in reflection or otherwise creatively engaged (though countless academics would here remind me that research often is a creative process).

More specifically, I miss reaching out to and connecting with my friends near and far. This has been a tough year for me in more ways than one and while I don't intend this forum to be a public wringing of hands (there are plenty of those already) it will be a chance to share with you what I'm up to and thereby bring a bit more balance back to my life....so keep an eye on this spot for more news, thoughts, and other postings.

All the best, Tim

2 comments:

chalkball said...

Hey Tim - good to hear your thoughts again - Mary and I are thinking of you guys...

Unknown said...

You always have a buddy in B'ham who will drop everything to go for a high-alpine adventure in the N. Cascades...