Sunday, March 16, 2008

I brought my skis all the way to Spain, so I would feel a bit silly if I didn't take them out for a little bit of turning (I had gone to Morocco in early February). My mom and I were joined by Caroline, a friend of a friend from England who was in Salamanca for language school.


The La Covatilla ski area is about 70 kilometers from Salamanca and usually has more snow--but it has been a very dry winter in Europe, and Spain in particular, so you can see that the only snow left is that made artificially and put on the runs.


Caroline grins for the camera...

and shows us how it's done.

The snow was in good spring conditions and while there were rocks poking through in parts it was still a ton of fun to go out skiing--which only reinforces my belief that it takes some pretty harsh conditions to make for a bad day of skiing.

Mom went for a hike as we skiied for the half day. Good times.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: